Procurement managers can use the ServiceNow Procurement application to create purchase orders and to obtain items for fulfilling service catalog requests.
Procurement offers the ability to perform the following functions.
- Track service catalog requests
- Create and manage purchase orders
- Create and manage transfer orders
- Receive assets
The Procurement application requires the "Procurement" plugin to be activated before use.
1. Order Submit. User places an order from the service catalog
2. Over $1000. In the Service Catalog Request workflow, items ordered from the service catalog that cost over one thousand dollars require approval. If under $1000, they are automatically approved.
3. Approval. If the request is approved it moves to the next step.
4. Sourceable? There is a business rule, Can request be sourced, that checks the items submitted with the request to determine if the request can be sourced. It checks if the item has a model specified.
5. Catalog Task Generation. In the Source Request workflow, a catalog task is created so that a procurement manager can source the item by creating a transfer order or purchase order.
There is a "Source Request" button on the catalog task that the Procurement person can click
7. Source Request. If the source request is clicked on the catalog task. A source screen is shown
- Purchase Order - You can create a purchase order directly from a request. This enables procurement managers to obtain items and fulfill requests from the Service Catalog. You can create multiple purchase orders from a request.
- Transfer Order - You can create a transfer order directly from a request to source hardware items and consumables from stockrooms.
- Consolidate PO - Select the optional Consolidate PO check box to combine the listed items with existing purchase orders.
8. Catalog Task Auto Closed. After you source the item, the catalog task is automatically closed.
9. Request Sourced. The Sourced checkbox is now automatically checked on the request. Purchase orders and Transfer Orders are shown via related lists on the request as needed as well.
10a. Purchase Order Fulfillment. The purchase order process has multiple steps:
1. Open the Purchase Order
2. Click Order
3. Click Receive when received. Received screen is shown
4. Asset is received and set to the user who requested it
More information about the Receive process can be found here
10b. Transfer Order Fulfillment. The transfer order process has multiple steps:
1. Open the transfer order.
2. Click "Ready for fulfillment" when ready. Stage moves to Requested
3. Click "Prepare for shipment" when ready. Stage moves to Shipment Preparation
4. Click "Ship" when ready. Stage moves to fully shipped.
5. On the Transfer Order Line, Click Receive when received
6. On the Transfer Order Line, In order to get the "Deliver" button to appear, you need field service management installed, or you can adjust the UI Action condition or TransferOrderStageHandler script include to show the button.
11. Catalog Task Fulfillment. After the assets are now sourced and received, catalog tasks are generated for delivery.
12. Close Catalog Tasks. Close Catalog Tasks as completed
13. Requested Item Closed. When all the catalog tasks are completed, the requested item is closed
14. Request Closed. When all the requested items are closed, the request is closed
Wiki on ServiceNow Procurement: