Marketing Service Management helps groups manage work requests. Areas in your organization that benefit from Marketing Service Management:
- Campaign Management
- Corporate Communications
- Creative Services
- Event Management
- Go To Market Readiness
- Market Intelligence
- Website Publishing
- provide visibility into work requests through dashboards
- manage work load with process, inproving resource utilization and performance
- save time by automating work assignments instead of manually assigning staff responsbilities
- improve communications with employees, partners, and vendors
- address cost control and utilization projections
- report on marketing services by tracking and reporting on KPIs
- lower expenses by implementing automated and streamlined processes
Part of Service Management
ServiceNow Marketing Service Management is part of the ServiceNow "Service Management" suite of applications.
Some of the products in this suite have similar functionality. If you are an expert at Marketing Service Management, you can usually learn the other similar apps very easily. They all use configuration pages, state flows, and can incorporate service catalog items.
Here are the applications in service management with similar underlying design:
- Field Service Management
- Facilities Service Management
- Legal Service Management
- Marketing Service Management
- Finance Service Management
ServiceNow Marketing Service Management has different features available depending on activated plugins:
The marketing catalog is a collection of 37 different catalog items in 8 different categories you can add to your existing service catalog or self service site. This a great way to get started building your own configured catalog.
Deliver an online, self‑service marketing portal that provides 24x7 access to marketing information and services, minimizes dependence on institutional knowledge, and decreases the number of redundant or repetitive requests
After a marketing request is submitted via the Marketing Catalog, the Marketing application in ServiceNow is used to fulfill those requests.
Marketing Service Management uses state flows and workflow to automate the delivery process. This speeds service fulfillment, creates repeatable processes, and ensures the correct agent is assigned to complete the request.
The Marketing Service Management process (from the ServiceNow wiki)
- Users submit marketing requests through the service catalog.
- Based on settings in the Marketing Service Management Configuration, the request transitions through states based on actions performed through the request.
- When the request has been fulfilled by the marketing team, the request is closed.
Evaluate marketing resource utilization and the volume and types of service requests with easily customized reports and dashboards
ServiceNow includes 1 dashboard and 5 reports to get you started. Dashboards and reports are easily created in ServiceNow to further tailor your marketing efforts.
Here is an additional video on Service Management