Legal Service Management helps your legal department manage work requests and improve service delivery. Here are just some of the areas that Legal Service Management can improve:
- Contract Review and Management
- Intellectual Property
- Legal Research
- Patent and Trademark Research
- General Legal Requests
- Legal Policy Queries
- Immigration Services
- Corporate Governance
- provide visibility into work requests through dashboards
- manage work load with process, inproving resource utilization and performance
- save time by automating work assignments instead of manually assigning staff responsbilities
- improve communications with employees, partners, and vendors
- address cost control and utilization projections
- report on legal services by tracking and reporting on KPIs
- lower expenses by implementing automated and streamlined processes
Part of Service Management
ServiceNow Legal Service Management is part of the ServiceNow "Service Management" suite of applications.
Some of the products in this suite have similar functionality. If you are an expert at Legal Service Management, you can usually learn the other similar apps very easily. They all use configuration pages, state flows, and can incorporate service catalog items.
Here are the applications in service management with similar underlying design:
- Field Service Management
- Facilities Service Management
- Legal Service Management
- Marketing Service Management
- Finance Service Management
ServiceNow Legal Service Management has different features available depending on activated plugins:
The legal catalog is a collection of 22 different catalog items in 8 different categories you can add to your existing service catalog or self service site. This a great way to get started building your own configured catalog.
Deliver an online, self‑service legal portal that provides 24x7 access to legal information and services, minimizes dependence on institutional knowledge, and decreases the number of redundant or repetitive requests
Legal Service Management Application
After a legal request is submitted via the Legal Catalog, the Legal application in ServiceNow is used to fulfill those requests.
Legal Service Management uses state flows and workflow to automate the delivery process. This speeds service fulfillment, creates repeatable processes, and ensures the correct agent is assigned to complete the request.
The Legal Service Management process (from the ServiceNow wiki)
- Users submit legal requests through the service catalog.
- Based on settings in the Legal Service Management Configuration, the request transitions through states based on actions performed through the request.
- When the request has been fulfilled by the legal team, the request is closed.
Evaluate legal resource utilization and the volume and types of service requests with easily customized reports and dashboards
ServiceNow includes 1 dashboard and 5 reports to get you started. Dashboards and reports are easily created in ServiceNow to further tailor your legal efforts.
Here is an additional video on Service Management